Every new years eve I find myself reflecting on the year; adventures we’ve been on, the highs and the lows; the people in my life who have been there, and those who haven’t. Here are some highlights of 2017:
First time taking both boys to the grocery store!
Made it to Colombia after almost 24 hours of travel – one of the hardest/most rewarding moments of the year!
Jack’s 3rd birthday party – the things you’ll do for your kids!
Max turns 1!
My parent’s 40th Wedding Anniversary celebration!
One of the best family vacations ever to Turks and Caicos, and the moment Jack met Elmo.
Successful Halloween with both boys trick-or-treating…one of the cutest moments of my life.
Merry Christmas! One of the most successful group photos to date; the kids sat still, and seemed to enjoy it.
I also find myself thinking about the year ahead; major changes coming up, making plans (not too many though, after all, God laughs when you make plans), and setting goals for what I’d like to accomplish individually, as a couple and as a family.
Thinking a bit about 2018, here are a few major events and changes for us:
- Registering Jack for kindergarten! I can’t believe I will have a 4 year old, and a 2 year old, and will have mornings completely to myself again come September…what to do?
- John and I are going away just the two of us for four blissful nights to one of my favourite places in the world – Couples Swept Away on 7-mile beach in Negril, Jamaica. I will miss my kids like crazy, but we worked hard for this.
- To answer the question above, I plan to register for a 200-hour Yoga teacher training course that will take place from February to June. This is a huge moment for me, as I’ve put my career on hold for four years to be with my kids. I’m anxious, but excited at the thought of working again, combining my passions: nutrition and fitness, taking some time to focus on me again, and seeing where this new chapter will take me.
- Off to Mexico! This time with the kids and of course grandparents 😉
April, May, June:
- Yoga, yoga and more yoga
July and August:
- Cottage, yoga, cottage, yoga and more cottage and more yoga
- Jack and Max off to school and daycare, and me off to work!
- Living our new normal
- Off to Florida!
- Time to start thinking of 2019 and what that will bring…
Even though God laughs when we make plans, I think it’s important to set goals. If you’re facing changes and new challenges next year, here are a few quotes that I found inspiring:
“Your playing small does not serve the world. There is nothing enlightened about shrinking so that other people will not feel insecure around you. We are all meant to shine, as children do. It is not just in some of us; it is in everyone, and as we let our light shine, we unconsciously give others permission to do the same. As we are liberated from our fear, our presence automatically liberates others.”
— Marianne Williamson
“The future belongs to those who learn more skills and combine them in creative ways.”
― Robert Greene, Mastery
“Stay away from negative people. They have a problem for every solution.”
— Albert Einstein
“You can be the juiciest, ripest peach in the world, and there’s still going to be people who hate peaches.”
— Dita Von Teese
Happy New Year Everyone!
No comments yet.