In my opinion there’s nothing better than enjoying a healthy, guilt-free dessert. I whipped up these healthy cookies yesterday afternoon so I would have a batch of healthy cookies going into the week.
What makes them healthy you ask?
- Natural sweetness from the mashed banana, raisins and coconut palm sugar (coconut sugar is unique because it doesn’t spike your blood sugar – use it in place of regular refined or brown sugar!)
- Source of protein & healthy fats from the hemp seeds and almond butter
- Source of fibre from the oats
- Source of antioxidants from the raw cocoa nibs
- Cinnamon stabilizes your blood sugar
- These cookies are a combo of protein, fibre and healthy fats, and are low in refined sugar; this healthy combination will leave you feeling satisfied instead of looking for your next sweetie fix
Almond Chocolate Haystacks
2 ripe bananas, mashed
¼ cup natural almond butter
¼ cup organic raisins
¼ cup hemp seeds
¼ cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
¼ cup unsweetened shredded coconut
2 tbsp. raw cacao nibs
2 tbsp. coconut palm sugar
1 tsp. cinnamon
Preheat oven to 350 F.
In a medium bowl, mash bananas with a fork, and stir in almond butter and oats. Add in the rest of the ingredients, and stir until combined.
Line a baking sheet with parchment paper, and scoop out cookies.
Bake for 15-20 minutes or until firm to the touch. Store in the fridge or freezer.
No comments yet.