You should make mustard your condiment of choice for a few reasons:
– Low in calories: Dijon has 5 cals per tsp, and Yellow Mustard has 0 cals!
– Mustard seeds contain selenium (an potent antioxidant) and omega-3 healthy fats
– Yellow mustard contains turmeric, which is an anti-inflammatory, and good for the health of your brain (especially memory)
– Awesome savoury flavour; a little goes a long way
– Versatile: use as a healthy condiment, in homemade salad dressings & sauces, as a marinade for meat, add to tuna or salmon salad instead of mayo, a healthy dip for whole grain pretzels or raw veggies